Friday 4 May 2012

POTTERING ON TO MUSIC

One of my loyal followers - (thanks Mum) - just kidding, jeez have some faith. Anyway, like I was saying, one of my millions of followers asked me to add music to my blog because I have made her a few mix cds in the past and she is always needing suggestions for some new tuuuuuunes. That, and obviously my taste in music is amazing. 


So just a quickie here, I’ve got three songs/artists to share that I have recently heard and loved (and then three that I've stolen from elsewhere).


Firstly, my friend Josh has formed a band called TheBlackWhite (below). Have a look at their facebook page here and have a listen here.

The BlackWhite


Second up is this guy called Jake Bugg. My friend played a song of his to me the other day and I lurved it. He’s sort of folksy, country, almost a bit rockabilly. He played the BBC introducing stage at Glastonbury in 2011 and is only 18. Wowzers. He sounds like he should be from another decade, his voice is awesome, sort of Johnny Cash, just brill. Anyway have a listen. 


Jake Bugg


Lastly is David Greenep.  Here he is singing Song to the Siren by Tim Buckley. He’s actually a part of a band called Six Toes but I think his voice is in particular is beautiful hence a video just of him.




Now to the songs that I have stolen directly from GOOP - Gwyneth Paltrow's blog which I actually really like (she gets a lot of stick for it for posting about ridiculous things only the super rich could do/afford). Anyway, she has really good taste in music. Her latest post included these three songs which I think are all great so I'm taking directly from her...


Here We Go Magic - "How Do I Know"




Solar Bears - Cub (keep Shelly in anthems remix)




and finally..
Atlas Genius - Trojans




TTFN  

1 comment:

  1. Hi misspots,
    Thanks for all the suggestions - I am really getting out of touch and I remember that I was once known around amsterdam town for my dance moves!.....seems like another lifetime.
    Happy grooving,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete