Friday 28 September 2012

TRIP THE LIGHT FANTASTIC

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 via

This week class we are going to be talking about the bare bulb. Yes, that's right, the bare bulb in all its simplicity. I’ve got a lotta love for a bare bulb. Simple, elegant and just quietly going about it’s business of brilliance. There’s a big trend for the simple fitting at the moment so I'm going to share a few with you.

Let's start with my favourite. 




I mean seriously, wrap this up and give it to me in a Tiffany box why don't you - it's so darned beautiful. It's designed by Interior and product designer Lee Broom. It's Genius with a capital G. 

These pics are from his Crystal Bulb Shop, (which is actually his studio which he transformed temporarily, look on his website for more I could just go on about it for ages). AND the very best thing about these bulbs is that they look like the Crystals from the Crystal maze and I always wanted one of those bad boys.


Moving on to the Muuto. Hello Muuto. (See what I did there?) This is the E27, dull name but lovely fitting. Not so fancy pants as ole Billy Crystal above but modern and understated.


 via



Finally the Plumen, self styled as the "Designer Low Energy Lightbulb". It uses 80% less energy than the traditional incandescent lightbulb, vis-a-vis, aka, its better for the environment so your room looks cool and saves the planet at the same time. That's a win/win in my book.










Now a few pretty shots of the bare bulbs in action. 
This first one looks like a sinch to put together.


And I really love this one..

Spidery chandelier anyone?




How about this beauty below from Lindsey Adelman?



Or these from Rowan and Wren? (Ok the one on the right is a slight cheat but I love it).



This here is the Edison bare bulb scissor lamp. Very cool.



And finally some beautiful filament bulbs from Restoration Hardware.




OK, that's it. Run along now.
TTFN

3 comments:

  1. I love naked light bulbs - especially the ones all bunched together with rope. Have had this on my DIY to do list for aaages:

    http://www.readymade-digital.com/readymade/20090203/?pg=37#pg37

    Niiiiiice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think i fell in love, those Lee Broom lamps are só beautiful!

    http://contentable.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I think i fell in love! Those Lee Broom lamps are so so beautiful!

    http://contentable.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete